Sunday, September 6, 2009

done for now


done for now, originally uploaded by mjkimmel.

i took this the day i almost stepped on a large rattlesnake while walking along the Mill Creek Streamway Park path near 95th and Renner.


at that point of learning my camera, I was mostly focused on trying to get photos of birds, kind of like hunting, without any bloodshed.

I tried experimenting with different iso levels, shutter speeds and fstops trying to figure out what combination i preferred for my shooting style and my camera.

I eventually learned that i love shooting - whenever i can - on iso 200. it just makes it a little more difficult and more bright sky dependent.

I love this picture because of the clarity i was able to capture (even if it is just the back side) of this bird. I love the DoF i was able to get as well.

:)

1 comment:

Blasé said...

Unique pictures you've got going over here. More folks need to know about your Blog.

Peace and Love