Sunday, August 9, 2009

stealing the show


stealing the show, originally uploaded by mjkimmel.

Taken at Antioch Park in Merriam, KS.

I remember trying to take this photograph. I remember it was one of those 'annoying windy' days because at times the air would seem still for minutes and minutes (rare for kansas) and then all of a sudden trees and grass and flowers would begin 'thrashing' about. Ok, so maybe not thrashing to an eye without a lens in front of it. The wind seemed to give you just enough of a break to manually focus and decide a focal point - watching your finger press ever so slightly on the shutter-release button. Almost as if it decided to blow just at the wrong time.

After becoming frustrated with this weed getting in my way. I finally gave in. I photographed it.

I was pleased with the outcome.

:)

This plants effort to become the center of the image makes me smile and reminds me of myself. (brat)

No comments: