Thursday, November 19, 2009

growing basil.


growing basil., originally uploaded by mjkimmel.

Taken in my kitchen, in Redwood City, Ca.

I have several reasons I started growing things. I am spending too much $$ buying fresh spices. I wanted something refreshing in the kitchen. I wanted a subject to photograph over time. I wanted another responsibility.

I have attempted this (general flower growing) before, but not of this nature. I would usually stick something in a pot, place it outside and allow nature to take it's course. That plan of no plan failed last time :(.


Hopefully this 'something' will continue as long as possible.

Anywhere I live, I should be able to grow indoor produce.

The expensive part is buying the pots. (eventually trays and lighting, if I am successful)

It's exciting to check these little sprouts out every morning.

I need to get a bean/ alfalfa sprout grower. There is just something wonderful to the taste of fresh sprouts on a deli sandwich.

..

have a good day!

No comments: